QUESTIONS FOR 2011
01. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
Big scary drops on aerial silks. Pole dancing. Performed oral sex on a girl, and on a guy in tandem with another girl. Got a promotion. Became an actual member of an adult performing dance troupe outside of a school-related thing. Danced improv, both solo and contact, without being terrified of it. Went under general anesthesia.
02: What resolutions did you make.
Still don't make them, at least, not specifically at new year's.
03. Did anyone close to you give birth?
There were still lots of babies born in my circle of acquaintances this year, but no one that is particularly close this time around.
04. Did anyone close to you die?
05. What countries did you visit?
None, again. Not even very many states, again, just the Iowa-Wisconsin-Illinois trifecta.
06. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A governor who is a human being, and republican candidates that are not utter fucking nutjobs. Also a job with a potential of raises instead of nickel and diming salary cuts until it's almost unlivable.
07. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
New year's day for a love finally allowed to happen, even if it didn't last. February 15 and all the other days the epic protests happened. June 27 for the most fantastically beautiful date of my life, even if it never led to anything but that one night.
08. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
09. What was your biggest challenge?
Dealing with a polyamorous relationship and all the personal challenges that meant. Also, Cycropia!!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
This year I was really less healthy than usual. There was a stomach flu, the broken rib, then that kidney infection and the bad zombie-armed reaction to the cipro that cured it, then the wisdom teeth out and the horrible infection and then the horrible antibiotics to cure that. I hope to hell this year is less full of being broken.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new laptop! Although I didn't end up having to spend my own money on it.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Most of my friends and acquaintances and family and my child were amazing. I have to give credit to R., though, although I don't think he behaved out of the ordinary for him. Watching and receiving his gentleness toward others did a lot to shift my perspective on others, and how I want to be with others.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Hmm. This guy, his name is Scott Walker....
14. Where did most of your money go?
Besides rent, bills, and my car, it all went to aerial classes and Matthew's shoes. He manages to either wear out or grow out of a pair at least once a month.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Cycropia!! New friends, and new adventures.
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Neko Case, Hold On Hold On. Hey, didn't say it had to be a song FROM 2011.
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
hotter of colder? Same
fatter or thinner? Heavier but more muscled, yet again.
more active or lazier? About the same, edging into more active.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Getting outside. Biking. Flying. Can never get enough of the flying.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending/did you spend Christmas?
At my sister's watching movies and doing puzzles - again, because it's awesome. Also eating my weight in pumpkin cookies.
21. Did you have kinky sex in 2011?
Yes, yes I did.
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
Yes, I did that too.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Ummmmm... I finally watched Buffy. I got over my hatred of SMG and actually came to think her nose is cute.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope. No new hate-ees. I hated Scott Walker BEFORE he took office. I do, however, hate him more fervently than I did this time last year.
26. What was the best book you read?
I finally read A Handmaid's Tale. ::shudder::
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hunh. Of the music I acquired, I can't think of anything I came to like that I could label as a "discovery." It was all fairly well-known stuff, like Florence and the Machine.
28. What did you want and get?
Lots of affection and romps. Lots of flying and learning and goals met. Fun trips, good friends, a good kid, and beautiful people in my world.
29. What did you want and not get?
A good government.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmmm. Not sure. I didn't actually go to very many. So weird, considering in my previous life I went to movies all the time. I watched a lot of movies I really liked at home, but I can't think of one that sticks out as my favorite above others.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 35. Clarissa came to hang out with me and we got Monty's with Maggie and did fun things, then went to SnB and had drinkies, then went to hang out with my fam for T-day.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
You know, not much. It was a good year.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Much more full of yoga pants and leotards than I would have ever dreamed possible.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I think after adolescence I have lacked a fantasy gene. I just.. don't. I mean, I still think Jason Schwartzman and Brian Cox and now Spike are hot and appealing, but they aren't real so when I'm not watching something they're on.. I don't really think about them at all. So I don't think I could call that fancying any public figure.
35. What was your favorite video game of the year?
FEEVO! Even if it is a stupid little facebook game and not really a video game per se.
36. Who has made the most cameos in your dreams this year?
Clarissa, and Marc.
37. Who did you miss?
Melissa, still and still.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Mars, Luv, Ken, Jess, Jess, Richard, all the people I've met and started to grow closer to through dance.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Having someone in your life that is truly kind is worth so much more than someone who is truly charming.
Man. This year was rough, although my general overall health is still great.
41. Best trip/vacation taken this year?
Camping with Kurt and Kasey at Esofea, yet again. Though the trip to Chicago for the WNBR was also a riot.
42. Anything new with your hair?
I started trying to follow the curly girl technique as much as possible. It definitely helps define my waves, even in winter when they normally get all but invisible.
43. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
The most tender place in my heart is for strangers
I know it's unkind, but my own blood is much too dangerous
Hangin' round the ceiling half the time, hangin' round the ceiling half the time
Compared to some I've been around, but I've really tried so hard
That echo chorus lied to me with its hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on.
In the end I was the mean girl, or somebody's in-between girl,
Now it's the devil I love.